Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Day 50 - Asthma Sucks...

I've made a decision... I've decided I'm not eating enough and my body is telling me so by completely refusing to lose weight. As a result... I'm going to start eating an absolute minimum of 1,350 calories a day... never to exceed 1600. I feel like this is a very good adjustment to my calorie plan. I like it. We'll see how my body responds at next week's weigh in.

I also really liked listing my calories for the week. I know that is probably painfully boring for you reading this... but I like having that information in one place every week. So. Tuesday will now become weigh day and calories for the week day. I like it!

I am having a stupid asthma attack. Not a full-blown one... but it was bad enough for me to get my nebulizer out. I feel so much better after I do a breathing treatment... It's almost worth all the twitchy, tingly feelings I get with it.

I have had an awesome day today. As far as food goes... I had a bowl of cereal and coffee this morning and a baked potato with cheese and sour cream and chives from a place in the mall for lunch. Then, a skinny mocha from Starbucks. Yumm...All together I've had around 730 calories. I've still got dinner and a snack to eat before bed though. So I'll make my 1,350 goal.

I took my measurements yesterday. First time in like 3 weeks. All together I've lost like 7 inches from all over my body. I thought about posting my measurements somewhere. I dunno. If I do, I'll make a page for it. But I've only done it twice. So I'm going to wait till there are more impressive numbers to report.

Tomorrow I'm going out with some friends. A local bar in town has Nickel Beer Night on Thursdays. I don't work early on Friday, so I'm going to take advantage of that and go out and have a good time. While I'd love to stay within 1350-1600 calories tomorrow, and I very well might, I'm going to accept that I also might not.

This week is an experiment. Less strict daily calorie goal... A night of moderate drinking... A little more exercise than I normally get to compensate for the extra calories... And come next Tuesday I'll see if it was a god change or a bad change! Next week is also my TOM. If all goes as expected... Tuesday should be when it arrives. I have to wonder how that will affect my weigh day. We shall see!

I guess that's all I've got tonight... I have some homework I need to work on before class tomorrow afternoon. My first class of the day (9am) and my last class of the day (6pm) are both canceled tomorrow, which means this is going to be one of the besssttt Thursdays ever.

Here's to hard work and determination,

-E

3 comments:

  1. This is interesting to me. I have been playing with the whole less strict concept and compensating with exercise. I'm learning that weight loss is purely experimental. haha! I'm curious how it effects your weigh in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sat on a plateau for 2 weeks. I wasn't losing as much weight as I usually do,so I cut back on points(following weight watchers) I significantly reduced my food intake,skipping breakfast,eating way less. It did nothing. I was just sitting at the same weight. So I looked back and thought,what was I doing in the beginning of my journey,that I'm not doing now? Simple,I was eating breakfast,I ate most of my allotted points in a day,and I lost weight consistently. So I went back to the basics. Which was eating more,making sure I had breakfast. I lost 4 pounds that week. Your body really does think its starving when you go to extremes. It's hard when your so determined to lose weight. But eating more,does create the best results.

    ReplyDelete
  3. E,
    I had to use a nebulizer for a few years when i was younger. My asthma was TERRIBLE. It went away for a bit but now its coming back and sucks ass especially with this head and chest cold! :[
    Im glad you realized you weren't eating enough because I was a bit worried about you :P I like the sounds of your new plan better and I hope it all works out for you.
    As for today (Thursday) ENJOY IT! We all deserve a little fun every now and then.
    And for the hair thing, I'll be posting a few pictures just so everyone can see. So make sure to check into my blog to see! Im not sure where im going to put them yet but they will be there!
    Good Luck Darlin!
    ~Soph

    ReplyDelete