Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Day 126 - Noooo Moooore Exxxcuses!

Seriously though. No more.

I'm back after an even longer hiatus. And I'm sticking with it this time! Many thing have happened since I've been here last... I feel like this will be an update on my life. Then next post, business as usual.

I weighed this morning and I was 183 even. So far I am 37 pounds lighter than I was in January.

I'll take it since I just came back from vacation in St Louis a few days ago. We went to the arch and did the typical STL sights, and then we spent the rest of the time eating and drinking. I'll post some pictures, perhaps!

I also started a new job. I'm working as a pharmacy technician now. My work is paying for all the fees associated with getting state certified. So that should be neat. It's a lot more fast paced and a little more challenging than what I was doing, but I really like it so far. Oh, and it was like a $2 per hour promotion. (;

I have also semi-taken up running. It's kind of a combination of running, jogging, walking, and dying. I've completed the C25K day 1 three times now. I can't stick with it, so when I wait a week in between runs I end up back where I started. I do see improvements, however. I can kickass on my elliptical like it's no body's business. I do 30 minutes on the high resistance like it's (almost) nothing.

School is out for the summer. I get around 4 weeks off, then we are going to New Orleans, then I am taking two summer classes for 4 weeks, then I get another week off, then Fall 12 starts. My final semester of undergrad. Bittersweet, for sure.

I am also setting a mini-goal for myself. I would like to lose 8-10 pounds before my New Orleans vacation. That would put me at around 175-173. I told M he was required to take something kinda dressy with us, because I want to spend an evening out somewhere nice and wear a pretty dress. But I wanna be in the 170's when I do it!

I'm also going to try to venture out and find more diet/weight loss/fitness bloggers out there. I know you're there. I just haven't tried looking!

Until next time...
Here's to hard work and determination,

-E

PS - Sophie I hope you still check my blog! I'm sorry I went MIA. I'm back. We can be blog buddies again! lol (;

2 comments:

  1. Oh E!
    I never stopped checking and we never stopped being blog buddies. We both just kinda slacked off. And gee do I need to start actually updating again! <3
    I bet you are looking fabulous! I want to invest in shoes and start walking more than I do now. My knees are killing me though! Tonight wasn't a great night either so that might be part of the problem.
    I replied to your comments on my blogs. Hopefully you read them :] Anyway, I will update stuff more later when I can think and its not almost 2 am. :D
    GOSH DERN I missed you! <3
    Yours,
    Soph <3 :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to see that you're back on track!! I'm trying to get my running groove back, after a few months off the bandwagon. =) Thanks for the subbing back. Hopefully we can both keep each other motivated.

    Oh and the runnng app is Nike+. I LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete