Saturday, January 14, 2012

Day 11 - So this is weird...

So this is a kind of strange phenomenon I've been experiencing recently. Even when I eat very successfully through out the day, I still sometimes feel like I've messed up or failed in some way... Today in particular.

I had a terrible breakfast because I was running very, very late to work this morning. So, instead of making myself even more late and fixing my usual toast and coffee, I decided to buy one of those coffee energy drinks once I got to work. I know those are terrible for you, and are basically cancer and caffeine in a can, but I have to have my caffeine in the morning. So it was that or nothing. The Starbuck's Double Shot Mocha blah blah blah whatever was 200 calories for the can. Not too bad, considering the situation.

I drink gobs of water throughout the day and at lunch I had water, a 90-cal low fat cottage cheese cup, some steamed veggies and a Lean Cuisine beef and peppers meal. All together I figured it up to be around 380 calories. Now, that's ONLY 580 for the day. But when I got home, even though I was very well behaved all day and stayed very strictly to my diet, I felt bad. Like I failed at something and I should be disappointed in myself. I don't know what the heck is wrong with me... but I didn't let it derail me.

Dinner was a turkey sandwich on low cal whole wheat bread, lettuce, tomato, onion, dijon mustard and a tiny bit of co-jack cheese and a small shredded lettuce salad with no cal ranch dressing. And then a bowl of grapes and strawberries with some Reddi-Whip Lite Whipped Cream. I hate fruit. I'm more of a veggie kinda girl so anything to make the fruits more tolerable. All together that's still only like 550. And I'm pretty much done eating! I will have to have a snack or something though because 1,100 calories for the day just isn't enough. This is hard.

I still haven't worked exercise into my regime. I keep meaning to, but I stay pretty busy. I know that's an excuse. It's also really freakin' cold out right now. Another excuse, but I don't wanna go outside in 29 degree weather. Exxxxcuuuussseeesss.

What I really want to do is buy some exercise videos and do them when bf isn't in the apt. Hahah I don't think he'd laugh or really say anything, I'd just prefer it that way. (:

Here's my awesome attempt to incorporate fruit into my diet. It's fat free whipped topping! Only 15 calories a serving! haha And there are strawberries buried under there.

Oookay! I'm going to vegetate in front of the TV for a while now before bed. I had to work long shifts all weekend and I'm going to enjoy the peace and quiet tonight. Might just pop myself some popcorn too. (: I have minibags. Not for their healthier benefits but because we have a tiny, apartment sized microwave and normal bags don't fit! haha

I'll talk to all you guys soon!

Here's to hard work and determination,

-E

8 comments:

  1. I'm the same way with fruits and veggies! I love veggies, but fruits? HATE THE BUGGERS! I can tollerate small amounts as long as they get topped with chocolate or are topping ice cream! Haha, so bad! But I idolize that you can make it through a full day and have to eat more because what you already ate wasn't enough calories to keep your body healthy! Im so jealous on that point!!! How is it you keep track of what you eat?

    ReplyDelete
  2. In short: I am a calorie counting freak. haha

    I still haven't mastered the perfect balance of calories for the day. I usually have a small, almost nonexistant breakfast. Then I do light lunches like turkey sandwiches without cheese or mayo or frozen Lean Cuisine meals with raw veggies and, some kind of low-fat dairy like yogurt or cottage cheese. Then when dinner rolls around I have a million calories left to eat and I try to make healthy decisions. Which is always a challenge.

    For me tho, I eat very, very slowly. While drinking copious amounts of water. And I absolutely never drink my calories. Because that seems like such a waste.

    And while I'm writing a book back to you, which I'm not sure you'll actually see, my days aren't always so calorie light. Some days I pig out. It's just most of my days I struggle to eat enough, because I am such a label-reading creep. (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh.... Guilt! I hate it! I can eat perfect all day,and still feel guilty! Like you did something wrong. I have no advice on how to handle those feelings.... Haha. Just figured I would let you know,your so not alone. I feel like that alot. You just have to let the scale be the judge! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. From an ex-calorie counting CRAZY person...

    You felt like a failure because you had a plan and didn't adhere to it. I'm willing to wager that if you had planned to have a double shot coffee drink, then you would have been fine, but since you made alterations way outside your normal routine, you finished your day on edge.


    If calorie counting is going to be part of your plan...my sister is calorie counting for the first time and I'm recommending the same thing to her because she's frequently starving herself...is compile your own notebook of how different healthy or on-the-go foods you like to eat add up together, so no matter what you start out with, you never feel like a failure because you know how to guide the rest of your day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 6iL67p Hooray! the one who wrote is a cool guy..!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. E, I do occasionally check back on where I leave comments. So I did happen to see your book you left in response ;]

    I read labels like crazy too! I even read the ingredients in most things. I do have to say, breakfast is one of the most important meals and although I understand the not eating a lot in the morning, maybe part of the reason you're so tuckered out after work is that you aren't getting enough energy from your breakfast to start your day? Just a thought :]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Somewhere in the Internet I have already read almost the same selection of information, but anyway thanks!!...

    ReplyDelete