Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Day 21 - I Think I'm Really Doing It This Time.

So I forgot my iPhone on the kitchen bar this morning. It's a sad thing, but I feel like I left my head on the bar. Or maybe my left foot. I feel like I'm missing some huge part of my body. Oh well! I will get through... Only 6 more hours till we are reunited. Oh my god. SIX HOURS??? ...moving on.

Today was my weeeeeigh daaaaay. And I have more good news to report! Without my phone, where I keep track of all this info, I'll have to do it from memory. But that won't be difficult.

My start weight on Jan 3 was        220.0


My last weigh in on Jan 17 was     214.2


TODAY, Jan 24 it issss.........         210.4!!


According to my killer math skills... That's 3.8 down for the week and 9.6 down from my start weight.

Now, some people (myself included) may feel this is kind of fast... But I don't necessarily think it's unhealthy. I think I probably had some water weight to shed, and the rest is the result of small meals, spaced out the entire day. Approximately every 2 hours (occasionally more like 3-4) and never exceeding 450 calories each. I'm literally almost never hungry. And I'm always guzzling tons of water. My calories each day are always at least 1200 and I prefer to be at 1350, or I start feeling kinda blah.

While I'm not interested in lectures, because I tend to get a little defensive (character flaw, sorry), I am interested in some opinions... I am probably, maybe going to post it on the forum for opinion also, but.... It's 1350cals/day too low? Should I be eating more? Is a 3.8lb loss in a week a sign I'm not eating enough or just a super awesome result of healthy, mindful eating? Health is important to me, and while I never feel like I'm starving or being deprived, I also don't want to unknowingly do damage to my body. So please, constructive criticism, if you don't mind. Thank you (:

I don't have much else to say this morning. The day is still young (and phone-less). I see a lot of reading from my I/O Psych, Clinical Psych, and Stats book in my very near future. Probably tonight. Along with some butt-kicking elliptical time and a little laundry. Don't everyone be too jealous of all the fun I'm going to be having!! (;

I want every single one of you to have the best days you can!

Here's to hard work and determination,

-E

4 comments:

  1. Why don't you experiment with that many calories for a week and see if it works for you? If you find yourself too hungry and began snacking a little too much then, thats your body saying eat more. Now if you're feeling satified and not starving at all, I think it's good number to go off of. It's all about what works for you really. Some people can eat only 1200 calories a day, I have no friggen clue how they do it, but it works for them.

    I myself couldn't eat that low of calories, I'd be way too hungry. I try not stay between 1400 - 1500 calories, usually closer to 1500 because of my meals and I don't eat a lot of fat free stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woot woot! I think that is AWESOME! I posted a comment on your last blog about the cals, but the long and short of it is I feel like if you feel good and you're having good results, stick with it for now. You can always go up later to 'switch it up' and then go back down. Each of our bodies are different and sometimes what works for someone else won't work for you. So, do what works for you with it in mind that if you need to change it later, you can. Congrats again on your loss!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My business is glad to become one of numerous visitants on this outstanding site (:, thanks for posting .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very interesting information! Perfect precisely what I was looking for!

    ReplyDelete