Sunday, July 8, 2012

Day 187 - Where Does The Time Go?

It seems like so much has happened since I posted last. Honestly, time has just been flying by recently.

In the past 40 days, I went on vacation, started a couple summer classes, and have been working like a crazy person. Trying to make some money before classes start back up in the fall.

I have not been with my healthy/weight loss lifestyle 100% like I was in the beginning. In fact, I'm pretty sure it's fallen to a very sad 65-70%. But I'm still with it... and little by little, still losing. I don't think I'm going to reach my final goal when I originally wanted, but it doesn't matter. I'll make it. And if it takes me a whole year, well then that year wasn't wasted.

Soo... here's like 5 weeks worth of weigh-in's...

June 5th - 177.2 (-3.2)
June 12 - Vacation No Weigh In (I was on a train)
June 19 - 176.4 (-0.8)
June 26 - 177.0 (+0.6)
July 3    - 175.8 (-1.2)

As you can see, I have kinda just been bouncing around 176. Which is alright, I guess. It's what happens when you stop exercising (because it hasn't been below 103 degree in like 2 weeks) and only watch what you eat 4-5 days out of the week. I'm more or less maintaining, with a little loss in there too.

I'm realizing that one of the most important things to keep in mind during these long journeys to health is to start loving yourself now, so you'll love yourself when you get to the end. I'm so hypercritical of myself, I sometimes lose sight of the fact that I've lost almost 45 pounds since January (ok - 44.2 to be EXACT). And that is amazing!

I also really struggle with the way I look. I'm seeing changes and improvements, and that makes me happy. But I'm still just stuck at this terrible in-between point. Not as heavy as I was, but not as fit/trim/healthy as I'd like to be...

Clothes and getting dressed is a nightmare too. Nothing fits right anymore. It all just hangs off me. But I can't bring myself to buy anything new. I feel like that's giving up and resigning myself to where I am. Plus, I'm not made of money. haha So, I get depressed almost every time it's time to get pretty-ed up to go somewhere.

However, there's always good news too. I was at the store today and saw a friend of mine I haven't seen in probably months. He commented on my weight loss and told me I was looking great. He's one of the first people outside my family (and my bf of course) to compliment me. It felt awesome. And as lame as it is, it really kinda put the wind back in my sail. So I'm back with it. 100%. Giving it everything I've got. And as soon as this horrible heat lets up, I'll be back on the running trails. I can't wait!

I think when I hit my 50 pounds lost mark I'll post some body shots. I couldn't bare to post my before's until I had lost enough to tell a difference. It takes a brave person to post these kinds of pictures for the whole internet to see, so I'm still deciding if I'm one of those people. Soon though! Just gotta see the high160's for a week or two first, to know it's official.

That's all I've got... Till Tuesday!

Here's to hard work and determination,
-E

Allllsooo.... Sophie, you're the best and your post is definitely one of the bigger reasons I decided to start posting again! I miss reading your blogs and all your wonderful, supportive comments! I hope you're doing well and we can get back into the swing of things soon! (:


1 comment:

  1. Alright, so I smiled when I read my little dedicated bit and it made me feel important. SO WHAT?! :P But yea, I really do miss you and your blogs...I swear when I re-installed chrome, your blog was the first thing to get bookmarked!

    I think tomorrow I am going to start VLOGGING. I have a surgery for my wisdoms to be taken out and maybe its about time I start trying to do something and not slack off. But for the sake of our sanity, I just might start blogging again too.

    Im doing good, obviously, Im still breathing! :P Hope you are doing great and the fact that you lost 44.2 lbs is AMAZING! I envy you in every way. <3 :] Keep it up woman!

    <3 Soph

    ReplyDelete