Friday, January 20, 2012

Day 17 - And Without Further Ado...

Hello everyone!

As promised, I will be attaching all sorts of photos to this post (some awesome, some NOT). I have to control myself a little bit though. Going back through all my pictures, I ended up with like 16 I wanted to post. Which is just crazy. But I'll post enough to let you see how insane my weight has fluctuated the past 4-5 years.

But I'm going to talk first!

I only work Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon every week because of classes. But they are always long shifts (9-10 hours) and by the end of the day I am usually freakin beat. Today I worked early. I'm kind of the designated opener in my little corner of the store. Which suits me, because even though I'm not much of a morning person, I love having my evenings to myself. I also find I can control my eating habits better if I am up early.

The past few days have been really great on the nutrition front. I have been eating a lot of Healthy Choice and Lean Cuisine meals.  Most of the time I pick ones that are lower in calories, then add things like veggies or fruit or low-fat dairy to them. They aren't very satisfying alone usually, but I can tack on some healthy sides and I'm good to go. Snacking has been minimal, and when I DO snack, it's always something like apples or almonds or a 100 cal pack. OH! And string cheese. Low fat, of course. But YUM.

I'm also a crazy dancing machine. Yesterday I spent another hour playing Just Dance 2 in my living room. I even drug bf off the couch to dance a few duets with me. haha It's really fun, and you definitely feel the burn after a while, especially if you really try to match what the person on the screen is doing. I was doing all kinds of arm motions and kicks and squats and hops. There's a mode in the game called "Just Sweat" where it keeps track of your songs and how much you moved around, then awards you "sweat points" at the end. According to the game's manufacturer, for every 4.2 sweat points, you burn 1 calorie. Naturally, this is an estimate and would vary enormously between people... But I earned like 2,500 of these "sweat points" which would supposedly equal like 595calories. Not sure I buy that. But I could believe 300, maybe? Not a bad workout, considering it's a super fun video game. Also, I look ridiculous playing it. (:

Alright... Enough chit-chatting. Let's see if I can master this photo stuff... I'll be adding then in chronological order, starting around age 18. Ok go! Also, it appears you can click on these to make them bigger... A few of them are really small?


Me, 18



Also about 18. This was my little sister's Halloween Costume. She's 6 years younger than me. I was just goofing off.



I think I was 19 in this one. NOT the most attractive. We were on vacation and I'd just woken up. But still on the slimmer side.



Definitely 19 here. Off taking pictures somewhere. I don't have a ton of full body shots. I had gained a little weight between the last picture and this one.



20 here. Putting on more weight, slowly.



Me at work... Laaaame. This is only 3 months later, but there's a pretty big weight difference!



Me, 20 still, another "picture taking" picture.



This was a little less than a year ago. When I first moved into my apartment. This is on here for good measure, to make sure you can all see how chunky I got. haha But not for much longer!


There's also almost an entire year unaccounted for... But I just stopped liking my picture taken. Sooo... ya know.


I was once a normal weight, and I will be there again! Enjoy, everyone!


Here's to hard work and determination,

-E

9 comments:

  1. Oh, E! You're super gorgeous; even with a few extra curves! I esp love the vacation picture! =P

    I have found the only thing that really holds me over through a long period of time in the morning for breakfast foods is oatmeal. I've tried breakfast bars, fruit, etc etc...nothing sticks to me like oatmeal does and I think thats going to start being my breakfast daily until I find something that works just as well.

    I too am in love with string cheese! I try to convince myself to only eat one every now and then but they're so addicting and just so delicious, so I tend to stay away from them.

    Can't wait to see you a year from now all transformed and where you want to be! Good luck on your journeys! :]

    -Soph

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very intreresting post. It was very relavant. I was searching exaxtly for this. Thank you for your effort. I hope you will write more such interesting posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very useful post. It was very relavant. I was searching exaxtly for this. Thank you for your effort. I hope you will write more such interesting posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Out of curiosity, was this post meant to have your face blotted out or was that the websites doing?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did that! And I hate that I did... but I did it for a few reasons...

    I do not like the thought of creepies seeing my actual picture... There are lots of weirdos on the interwebs.

    Also, for some reason there's a part of me deep down that's still really afraid to fail. (I'm keeping this journey mostly a secret) So if someone I know stumbles across this, I would prefer they not immediately recognize me. When I am comfortable with my progress, I'll include real pictures again (with face!) but for now... I prefer this route. haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, understandable. I still have yet to post any pictures of myself. Sorta self conscious about full body pictures. I barely take them and its because I have such a small lower abdomen but a pregnant looking belly with thunder thighs so my body is so awkwardly shaped! I hear you about the creepers online. I hate them more than anything, especially the ones who have any ignorance to stalk or degrade anyones photographs or personal information. I can't wait to see your progress, as always! Again and always, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sophie, I totally know what you mean about being self conscious about full body pics. I guess I would say I'm fairly proportional...? My weight is mostly distributed all over. And then there's a higher concentration of flabby fatness around my lower belly/hips. I have WIDE hips. Like... serious child birthing hips. Pretty sure I could probably give birth to two at once. It's just terrible. I hate my hips. ):

    But just remember this is a no-judgement site, yah know? And if you aren't comfortable posting pics, don't. I just thought it was a fun way to connect with people and make them see me as a real person, and not just some anonymous figure behind a computer screen.

    You do whatever feels right for you (: and I'll keep reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I posted two under "Fluffysophie and all she entails" but I doubt anyone but you will ever really see/read it so Im not too worried. The pictures arent the best, but they are what I have for full body. At least one isn't that bad, the other sucks. But oh well! Ill still keep reading yours too by the way. I only slightly am falling in love with your blogs! They make my day so much happier! =P And as for hips, well I've probably got the same thing going on. My mom keeps telling me that I have such baby making hips and I just hate it! Id rather have a butt like my sister's than hips to no end with no butt to go with it! :[ (I got the top half she got the bottom...my mom was never good at division is what she always says!)

    ReplyDelete