Saturday, February 18, 2012

Day 46 - I'm Becoming Too OCD

So I am a crazy, calorie counting fiend. I've said this a few times I think. Today just really proves it though.

I use an app on my iPhone called Lose It! It's an awesome app because I can scan the barcode of something and it instantly has all the nutritional information and all I have to input is how much I'm eating. In the mornings, I like to plan out my day. So I'll decide what I'm eating and I'll plug it all in ahead of time. Then, when I go through the day, I stay on track instead of just mindlessly eating or randomly picking whatever I want for lunch/dinner.

This WORKS for me. It keeps me on plan... It keeps my calories in check... It keeps me sane. I don't like having to think about my food ALL DAY so when I do it in the morning, everything is thought about and I just have to follow it.

WELL. Today, about 5 minutes before I was leaving for my lunch break, bf asks if I wanna get pizza with him and some work friends/co-workers. I hate being anti-social, which I often am... But I said no. Then he pushed a little harder. He *really* wanted me to go with him. I still said no. I brought my lunch. I already planned it out. Another push... He'll pay, he says. He really doesn't want to leave me out. At this point I wanted to just scream. You aren't leaving me out. I AM LEAVING ME OUT. But... I didn't. I agreed. And I ate like half of a slice of pizza (which was a ridiculous 150 calories, btw). Then, when I got to work and scarfed my planned meal. Because I'm stubborn like that.

I don't mean to over react... but I have a way I do things. And I know he wasn't trying to be a pain in the ass. He was trying to include me in his lunch plans. But I couldn't help but be so angry with him. Uggghh... Am I insane? Just completely insane??

I still ate around 1,030 calories today at this point. I'm going to have a snack in a little while. But I'm craving chocolate like it's no body's business... I'm trying to let that pass first.

I am also trying a fun new snack I read about yesterday! You take a low fat string cheese and dip it in a couple tablespoons of warmed marinara sauce. It sounds kinda like mozzarella sticks... only without the breading. I'm really jazzed about it.

Besides all this, it's been a pretty alright weekend. I'm reading for a day off. And REALLY ready for Spring Break. I'm kicking my Spring Break off with a concert and a fancy hotel stay in Indianapolis. I do NOT intend to be on plan this day. I plan to eat and drink a ridiculous amount and probably suffer the consequences the next weigh in. Worth it. Oh yea,  I don't think I ever said where I'm from... Surprise! Indiana! haha

Alright... it's snack time. I want a bowl of cereal I think. I'm so in love with my Special K with Red Berries. (: Mmm

Here's to hard work and determination,

-E

2 comments:

  1. I'm a calorie counting freak too. I worry about every calorie I put in my mouth. I'm using LoseIt too, you should add me as a friend. Just search Lindsey Kellerman. I love that program, it works out perfect for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Insane? No. Definitely not. I don't plan out my entire day, but I do know that for me each meal needs to be 400 or less and each snack 200 or less to add up to 1600 less for the day. So yeah, I get frustrated when people are pushy that I eat something that I hadn't planned on. The plan is what helps to keep me on track -- thus the name, a PLAN. LOL And sometimes it's like people WANT me to fail because if they didn't, why keep pushing? Next time, though, I wouldn't give in to the pizza unless you wanted it. I'd compromise and say, Ok, I'll go but I'm bring my lunch since I already packed it so I don't want to waste it. That way you can go and socialize, but still stay on your plan.

    Ahh.. but if you're worried about feeling awkward, don't. They don't care as much as you think. And if someone says, 'You aren't eating pizza?' You can just say, 'Nah. Not really in the mood. Plus, I already packed my lunch and didn't want to waste it.' Or, tell the boyfriend that if he wants a day to eat out, to let you know ahead of time so you can plan for it. Cause you could've had that whole slice of pizza and some fruit or a salad and been good to go. It's just that more than likely, you're like me and feel 'sabotaged' if you get pushed to do something other than what you had originally planned! I try to be flexible, but it can be tough. So, I just got over worrying what people thought and just did what worked for me. Sometimes I brought my food and other times I indulged. People have gotten use to my way of eating and no one comments anything anymore. So, it will work out.

    BTW, that app sounds so neat! I don't have a smartphone, so yeah.... I have to do it the old fashioned way! :O LOL

    ReplyDelete