Thursday, March 29, 2012

Day 86 - Back On Track

Well... The past two days went exactly as I expected them to go. I had an amazing time with my mom and little sisters. We ate pizza and ice cream and watched a scary movie the first night they were here. Then yesterday we walked around the zoo for probably 3 hours and took a million pictures. Then we ate hamburgers. Then they left. It was an all around awesome visit. Then for some reason after they left... I had more ice cream and skipped dinner. I guess I was stuck in "eat whatever" mode. Two "off days" in a row, while completely worth it, can't really be happening a lot. So... no more off days for at least a week. Maybe two.

Needless to say, I'm not expecting to see much loss this week. Which is okay, I guess. I don't FEEL as bad as I expected myself to. I feel normal. But surely two whole days of crap food and no water will wreck some kind of havoc on my body. And I'm betting it'll reer it's ugly head on weigh day. We will see, I guess!

I can't help but think... This far in I thought I'd have everything under control. Completely figured out... Ya know? 86 days since I began this journey. I've lost 30 pounds. By now, I shouldn't be having 2 off days in a row. I just want this weight loss to be permenant. I want this to be a lifestyle change. But I guess enjoying a couple days with your family is a part of your life. And maybe, since I know what I did wrong and I'm back at it now, I'm making alright decisions.

Blaah... Guilt.

I have 4 more weeks of classes. Which sounds like forever. But... I'm only going to class twice a week, which means I actually only have 8 classes left. THAT sounds amazing. And terrorfying too... since I have so much to do and so little time to accomplish it.

I am really excited about this summer though. We are planning a few little getaways and I am thrilled to be getting out for a few weeks. I need the break. And a little adventure.

But thinking and daydreaming about summer isn't going to make it come any faster... And I still have loads to accomplish before then. So I'm going to wrap this up, work on studying, and maybe find myself some lunch.

Here's to hard work and determination,
-E

No comments:

Post a Comment