Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Day 14 - Offically two weeks in AND my weigh in day!!!!

Okay... All I can say right now is since around 7:30 when I got up and weighed myself, I could not WAIT to get on here and tell everyone the awesome news. But, a fun story first!

So last night I talked bf into going grocery shopping with me. And while we were walking around the store, I was telling him about how I wanted to skip the junk and buy more healthy foods. And without any prodding or persuasion AT ALL he said he had noticed how differently I'd been eating and he wanted to join me. He wants to lose around 25 pounds. No where near how much I want to lose, but I absolutely LOVE that he wants to join me in this lifestyle change and I'm so excited he's taking an interest in his weight and health 100% on his own. So, I officially have a live-in diet partner! (:

We bought all sorts of fruits and veggies and did some healthy meal planning. We are going to incorporate more fish into our diet, less starches, and we are going to reduce our sodium. And of course lots more raw/steamed veggies. He's more interested in the sodium reduction while I'm more concerned about calories, bad fats, and sugars. But we are totally on the same page and I LOVE it!

After shopping and enjoying a healthy dinner, we were chatting on the couch and the mention of weight came up. I told him I hadn't weighed myself in two weeks and I was really excited to see how much it'd changed. And that if it didn't change... I refused to be upset and let it deter me. So he asked me what I started at, and of course I told me. (We are way past being embarrassed about things like that...) So he decided to go weigh himself, and I went with him.

Then he tried getting me on the scale. I am a stickler about weighing at approximately the same time, on the same day, so I was adamantly against it. He said he really wanted to see, because he felt he'd be more motivated to try if he knew it made a difference. So I told him I'd step on the scale and wouldn't look if he promised not to tell me. And that was the agreement.

And the it drove me almost completely insane the entire night that he knew what I weighed, after 2 weeks of (almost) perfect behavior. But I didn't cave, and this morning I finally got to see how my hard work has paid off... Now, I don't mean to build this up or anything. It's not like I'm halfway to my goal in 2 weeks or anything insane like that. But! And loss makes me happy (:

So...

SW as of 01/06/2011: 220

CW as of today at 7:30am : 214.2

A loss of 5.8 pounds in two weeks! I'm ecstatic. I don't care if it's water weight or real weight or if it's because I peed before I weighed... haha ew... I'm very excited and this has just fueled my drive and motivation. (: *does a little chair dance*

Now I can start weighing in regularly. Every Tuesday morning.

And if I don't see that big of a difference every time... So what? I'm a healthier person, regardless.

Now, I have to focus on some school work due on Thursday. I hope everyone has as wonderful a day as I know I'm going to have... And if you aren't, then just keep on going because tomorrow will be better!

Here's to hard work and determination,

-E

5 comments:

  1. I have to say, I LOVE your tag of "woooo"! Im so excited for you!!! A bit jealous but Im working at mine! (No matter how bad Ive been about what Im eating lately!) I think its great that your boyfriend is joining you on your journey to a healthier life style and that you held strong against knowing until this morning =P ;] Shows just how strong a lady you are! Keep it up E! Ill be reading :D
    -Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job! I'm very happy for you. Keep it up! I lost myself for a bit this week but I'm getting back on and continuing on. I will succeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You rock!! Congrats!! Stay motivated and I can't wait to read more of your stories as you continue your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh congratulations on your weight loss! So good to have a partner in health and weight loss. One to bolster you and keep you in good habits when you may not feel like eating healthily.

    Don't get pissed when he drops weight super fast and with seemingly little effort. Men are freaks of nature and it is TOTALLY unfair.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is incredibly good. I was pleasantly surprised to see this info so well constructed, definitely going to post this on facebook so the hubby can see it. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete